Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Prettypotholders

I have been so frustrated that my computer doesn't want to stay connected to the Internet. I can't figure it out and therefore can't blog.  So here we go,  giving it another try. 
    I find when I get frustrated I work on miniatures to relax.  I went to a show this weekend and was inspired to try to crochet in miniature.  I already tat tiny things, so how hard could it be?   Well, it can be hard!  Needed to dig out the extra magnifier glasses so I could see what I was doing, for one. 
     The first try the scale turned out to big. not because of the stitch size, but because I hadn't made adjustments  to how to do a certain look.  Fewer stitches! Anyway, I did manage to achieve two vintage style potholders like my Grandmother used to use, after about 4 1/2 hours!

 
Kind of cute, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just came from your daughter Shelly's blog where I enjoyed immensely her miniature greenhouse post. Just precious! She and I were included in today's fun post at http://cathy-morningmusings.blogspot.com/. Miniature enthusiasts of the world, unite! I like these little potholders and am wondering if I might have a go at them ... :-) Thank you for sharing. I'll be visiting again!

    Sharon in Alabama

    ReplyDelete