Sunday, January 26, 2014

Our guest Mary Cassatt

I love art and Mary Cassatt did such lovely works that I have placed her as an honored guest on the front porch tea of an old friend and the old friend's granddaughter, who has a habit of leaving toys around. The friend has a couple of paintings done by Mary hanging on the outside wall of her parlor.

 
There is also a painting by Mary's friend, Degas, in the foyer by the front door.
 
 
There's Mary in the lovely wicker chair! And the little girl just can't get her chair up close enough to visit with her.
 
 
There are lots of goodies to tempt your taste buds.
 
 
Such a lovely garden to spend a nice day enjoying the fresh smells of spring.
 
 
 
This was such a fun project to do and all of my friends at club did their own porches.  All were so different and interesting.  I had the distinct honor to win a first place ribbon for a room box/vignette at the Indianapolis Miniature Show, as well as a Best of Show Award. What a wonderful surprise!
 


6 comments:

  1. Hello, Shelly's Mom...Thank you for posting this. I'm the one who asked Shelly to post the greenhouse you made for her. Your work is fabulous. Did you make the dolls, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cathy, I made the Grandmother and the little girl. Mary was made by Carol Kubesh.I will be posting more of my creations soon., Thanks so much for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! Shelly and I just 'met' via Cathy's blog (Morning Musings), where I learned of you and your creative talents. Congratulations on your wins in Indianapolis! I do hope you will share more miniatures in future posts.

    Sharon in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I hope to post more soon, as well as repost a couple of things from the 2012 and 2013 archives with more detail. Must post more often.....must post more often.....

      Delete
  3. Oh, I just love the idea of a porch room with the interior walls decorate. Your porch is lovely...You deserved that 1st place ribbon! ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! Was fun to do. I don't like to leave any surface untouched.!

      Delete