Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It is in the details.

It is the details that count.  It doesn't matter if it is a real house or a miniature house. The details are what gives it the finished look.  I like my miniatures to have the feeling that someone has actually been there.  I want it to seem real and tangible, so I like to put in "real life details.

 
Tasty treats for our honored guest.
 
 
 
Kitty is looking for the chipmunk.
 
 
Is that a doll on the step? Better watch where you are going.
 
 
Goodness me!  Doesn't that child put anything away?
 
 
 
 
 
It doesn't look like Grandpa is much better.
 
 
What a pretty little hand tatted doily.
 
 
Aren't the old stained glass windows in old homes nice?
 
Time to pull up a chair and listen to a story.
 
 
Grandma has the tea ready.
 
 
Don't forget to lock up and hang the key back up after everyone leaves this evening.
Hope you enjoyed the lovely tea party, and thanks for coming. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. oh it's so cute I love all the fine details..I think it makes it look very real :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marisa, I love your cute details too. So much fun!

      Delete
  2. Great details! I'll post a link on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly. You are my greatest support for my craziness!

      Delete
    2. Like mother like daughter. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you posted close-ups! They're just so wonderful! Will add it to my Blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. The details are so much fun to add.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete