Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Little Luxury

I am so excited about my latest drapery installation! It is so elegant, opulent, and appropriate for this historic Victorian home.  It almost gave me the giggles putting it in!  What do you think? Isn't it just yummy!

 
And to think it is only 8 1/2 inches tall! Yes, this lovely room is in a dollhouse.  The mother of all dollhouses!  I think it has 24 rooms! The owner started on it 35 years ago and is still adding to it, and I have had the privilege to contribute to it.
 
The draperies have over 40 hours in them, primarily because I had to make all the fringe myself.
 
 
That took forever!
 

 
 
 
Then the drapery silk was cut out, exactly to scale, and just as I would a full scale drapery.
 
 
The hems were put in the panels.
 
Heat bonded with 1/8" of bonding tape.
 
 
Then the lining was inserted. Yes, I have gone over the edge! I know you were wondering!
 
 
All the valance pieces were sewn with a very small stitch!
 
 
Then they were turned right side out and the trims attached.
 
 
 
 
 
 
After all pieces are constructed, they were folded into their desired look and attached to a board. Then all the extras were added.  I even made little Victorian cut work shades to insert under the treatment for night time privacy!
 
 
Then all was carefully packaged for transportation.
 
 
Delivered, installed and the room put back together!
 
 
Relax in luxury!
 
 
 
 

2 comments: