Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Color coordinated garden


It seems that when you decorate for a living, the desire to make things look right permeates everything you do and every aspect of your life.

For instance, I planted seeds for the garden to be all in shades of pinks and purples. Now the kicker is that things never turn out as you would plan. My garden has started coming into full bloom and very few are in the colors I planted. As a matter of fact, I don’t recall planting most of what is coming up. The whole thing is a profusion of yellows! Are they remains of some long past garden, before it was mine? Have the birds gone berserk and dropped mounds of yellow bearing flower seeds? Oh where, oh where have the (pink) flowers gone? Yet, I can’t bear pulling them out. They are God’s beautiful creation, so I cannot destroy them.

For you purists out there, I admit, weeds are also part of creation, but I believe they were put here by the devil to cause confusion and chaos. Don't all flowers have a an evil twin weed?

Alas, I guess I’ll try changing my color theme to yellow, then maybe next year they will come up pink.....or red.....or orange.....or...........

No comments:

Post a Comment