Friday, August 21, 2009

Cowboys in Indy?


Well, it's that time of year again. You know, when all the people of every (and I mean every) background gather at a large piece of ground and look at whatever the ambitious average soul has been up to this past year. The STATE FAIR!
Our state fair is a great...... come on join along in the song!... state fair.
Actually, Indiana is know for having one of the best state fairs in the country. Something for everyone, and it's right in the middle of the capital city, so even the city folk can feel country for the day if they want.
The "Family Arts" building is my favorite. Not only do they have the traditional pie baking contests, but the original works of arts by professional as well as the non professional are great. And the quilts! I've made a few and I understand the time and patience they take. WOW!
But my favorite thing at the fair, besides the afore mentioned, and pork chops, turkey legs, lemon shake ups, etc, is the people. I love watching the people. Even the Indiana cowboys that I didn't think existed. huh......

No comments:

Post a Comment