Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cheer up, it ain't all bad!


What a day! Woke up early after just a few hours of sleep. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get to sleep last night. Tossed and turned and tossed and turned. If I didn't know better I would have thought that I was in a dryer. Today would have been a great day to sleep in or just cuddle up with a good book. Rain, rain, rain. We got 4 1/2 inches by 11 AM and it hasn't quit.

My daughters are experiencing flooding. The one in Louisville talked to her Dad this morning and said it was really bad down there, but she is fine. Many people having to be helped. My other daughter sent me a photo of her lake side view ( also known as the street), taken from the bedroom window. It looked like she was standing on the roof waiting to be rescued. Wasn't up to the door yet, thank heavens. My husband's business lot is completely underwater and the porch floated away into a neigbor's yard. I guess it would make a good raft! We know it floats! My place of business is very quiet today. A few limbs down and a little water in the basement, but nothing serious. Of course there's water in the basement! I imagine I'd be a little wet below if I were 110!

Anyway, it's been a great day to work on a project with very cheerful fabric. A fun dust ruffle in plaid, with coordinating insets. It'll brighten up someone's day, besides mine!

2 comments: